04 February 2010

Daydreams

So I have to apologize on my blogging absence but of course as always I will catch up for everything I missed. I was just not home all weekend deciding to spend it on the island with my best friend (wifey #3). I really needed to get away from everything, including the online world. It was a great weekend full of laughs and strange movies - just what I needed. ;-) 

However, I need to catch up for two days on dream week. Then for this week I am going to focus or have been focusing on Serenity and things that make me relax and feel okay with the world. 

I got to experience my first ferry experience (by myself) on Friday as I went to go visit the best homie. Even though it was a chilly night I wanted to photograph downtown Seattle from the back of the ferry outside. It was of course incredibaly hard getting a clear picture at the time of night but I decided to share my two favorite pictures from that trip.

To indulge in my girly side and possibly hopeless romantic character flaw, the entire time I was on the ferry I was daydreaming. As the wind rushed through my hair and I imagined reenacting the famous Titanic scene I people watched hoping to find the love of my life. haha Again I must reinterate I was daydreaming and wishing what a perfect place to meet a guy - the life of a lonely single woman. However, as my music blasted and the wind twirled up and around my skirt I say someone standing next to me out of the corner of my eye. Hoping it was an attractive young bachelor that would sweep me off my feet I turned to smile and was throughly disspointed to see a man 20 years my senior, wearing an unmatching outfit and creeply standing much to close to me. 

I guess that's why they call them daydreams. haha. Thank god for best friends.


Quote of the Day:

"A daydream is a meal at which images are eaten.  Some of us are gourmets, some gourmands, and a good many take their images precooked out of a can and swallow them down whole, absent-mindedly and with little relish."  ~W.H. Auden

0 comments:

Pages

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP