26 January 2010

Luminous Dreams


Last night I had the strangest dream. I actually, for once, don't really remember anything except a feeling. I felt strange when I woke up, like I wasn't the person I was suppose to be. I possibly had red hair in my dream (which I have had in the past) but that is all I can remember. However, this got me thinking. A common response to a re-telling of a dream is "well, it was only a dream." I personally find that annoying and somewhat disrespectful, even though I have used that line before. My reasoning for this, is that dreams are very important to understanding our subconscious and events that are effecting our lives.

Dreams have a lasting effect on me and I am pretty sure I am not the only one who has felt this. Dreams can be more frightening than reality and a comfort to our stresses. I believe dreams shine a light on our true feelings and emotions. Even with the strangest of dreams there is always something we can relate to, even if it changes into a five-eyed toad.

This picture is important to me because I have a lot of dreams that center around lighthouses. I also have always had a thing for lighthouses. They are calming, serene and safe to me. I know that their real use is to help guide ships safely to shore and through the water, yet I feel that it also guides me. I find lighthouses to be mysterious and beautiful. In comparison to a light house, my personality seems to relate to its desolate mystic. When I look up possibly meanings for dreams about lighthouses this is what I found:

Psychological Meaning: The lighthouse symbolizes guidance. It helps you safely journey the stormy seas of the unconscious. Consider what it is that has helped you. Perhaps you have met someone in waking life who has guided you or have discovered a philosophy or religion to light your way and keep you off the rocks of despair.
Mystical Meaning: You will have many new opportunities to choose from say the oracles.

Without getting into too much detail about my past, I will say that guidance was something I was and still am always looking for especially when it comes with safe passage.  Safety and security is something I have lacked throughout life; not as a personal flaw but with my surroundings. So in an essence a lighthouse is my safe place, my home away from home.

Yet remember the lighthouses are not always safe. Even though light may represent safety and security keep in mind that darkness can be found at the foot of a lighthouse....

Quote of the Day:

“A fallen lighthouse is more dangerous than a reef.”

2 comments:

bunnyish February 14, 2010 at 3:11 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
bunnyish February 14, 2010 at 3:14 AM  

I'm pretty sure this is Gig Harbor :> Did you take this for real?

Pages

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP