28 January 2010

Sunrise to Sunset



This picture was taken from my office window at work. The sunrise that morning was so stunning and unbelievable I couldn't help myself. When I see images like this I can't help but think that these wonders are usually only found in dreams. Of course that is not the case but have you ever thought about the thin line between reality and dreams. I know this has been discussed throughout the ages but I still find it fascinating. Of course if my dreams were really my reality I would now be dead among many other horrible things so I do not think there is some other universe when I close my eyes. But I do believe that are true thoughts and feelings are expressed through our dreams. I suffered from night terrors for about 6 months and I have yet to have one again since August but I know how stress and trauma can effect how a person sleeps and what they dream about.

I just find it so interesting and intense how our subconscious comes through with full force once we hit R.E.M. and I'm not talking about the band. ;) The downside to this is that if you are continually stressed or around negative things you may have nightmares all the time - like me. Another bad thing is if you talk in your sleep because if you start calling out your ex's name at night your new lady/man may have some beef with you in the morning.  I am not in my normal deep writing mood today. I am very distracted by nothing in particular so I'm sorry for the lack of insight I usually have. But for now I'll just blame it on the fact that I get up before Sunrise and I get off work after Sunset...that can really screw with a persons head. Thank god I love the night.

Quote of the Day:

“Give them pleasure the same pleasure they have when they wake up from a nightmare.” - Alfred Hitchcock

1 comments:

bunnyish February 14, 2010 at 3:03 AM  

Man I love the Palouse sky <3

Pages

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP