18 January 2010

The Woman



Something in me mourns the fact that today is the last day of Sherlock Holmes week for my blog. However, I think my overall experience was not only inspiring but penetrating and exciting to my soul. In a sense it was my own mini-adventure with Holmes, if only Doyle could write a new short story with me included. ;-) All jokes aside I thought this first week was so much fun and I appreciate all of you who have already began to support me. This entire week I have spoken of Holmes' character and ambitions and even given insight into how his brain ticks, yet I have never once spoken of his way with women or more importantly THE woman. In the new movie she is a very important figure in not only the plot but in Holmes' life. Likewise in the novel she is also the only woman that could compliment and challenge Holmes, making her the one the always seemed to get away. Neither Holmes nor his notorious lady, Irene Adler, were ever meant to settle down. The are both too self absorb and both masters at their craft to really ever be able to hold anything substantial. Yet, the two were meant to be and I believe brought a new meaning to the term, my better half.

I love this picture because not only does it have a seductive, sexual nature it also has mystery. We don't know who the woman is or what she looks like, yet we know she is there, bold, beautiful and secretive, just like Holmes' fancied her. So this makes me wonder if we all must eventually meet our match, in whatever form that happens to be.


 Quote of the Day:

To Sherlock Holmes she is always the woman. I have seldom heard him mention her under any other name. In his eyes she eclipses and predominates the whole of her sex. It was not that he felt any emotion akin to love for Irene Adler. All emotions, and that one particularly, were abhorrent to his cold, precise but admirably balanced mind. He was, I take it, the most perfect reasoning and observing machine that the world has seen.... And yet there was but one woman to him, and that woman was the late Irene Adler, of dubious and questionable memory.

0 comments:

Pages

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP