11 January 2010

Things To Be Seen



I recently saw the new Sherlock Holmes movie and I was inspired to do a week of photos themed after his character. This is not the first time I have been inspired by Mr. Holmes even though in the past none have look as good as Downy Jr. (damn). Since I was a little girl I grew up watching the old animated cartoons where Peter O'Toole narrated the voice of Sherlock Holmes. I also read the entire Sir Arthur Conan Doyle series, which I have just recently re-opened. So in honor of the mysterious, insane, yet brilliantly intelligent Mr. Holmes I am going to dedicate this first week to him. All my photos will be inspired by him and will represent his persona and talents from my perspective. So sit back and enjoy the world through the eyes of Sherlock Holmes.

I like this picture because it reminds me of the beginning of the book when Watson finally meets Holmes and they are both at a crossroads in their lives.  Watson who just recently returned from Afghanistan decided to move in with the flamboyant Holmes. They both are perfect strangers that met through random circumstances in the middle of the cesspool called London. To me this picture represents the mystery and the different paths that the two will have to cross to become the notorious pair of Sherlock Holmes and Dr. John Watson.

Quote of the day:

"But the Solar System!" I protested.

"What the deuce is it to me? he interrupted impatiently: "you say that we go round the sun. If we went round the moon it would not make a pennyworth of difference to me or to my work."



1 comments:

Radical Ryan January 11, 2010 at 7:53 PM  

I do like how you tie Sherlock Holmes into your picture blog. Very creative. Now I need to catch up on my Sherlock Holmes so I can follow you better!

Pages

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP